You don't need to open the Google Pay app. All you need to do is wake your mobile device, and unlock it with your passcode or biometrics.
Then, bring your phone close to the POS machine or payment reader for a few seconds when the teller is ready to charge you. When the payment is complete a blue check symbol will be displayed on the screen but if the mark isn't displayed on your screen, then:
- Try holding your phone in a different way. Your NFC antenna could be near the top or bottom of your device.
- Hold your phone closer to the payment reader.
- Hold your phone for a few extra seconds.
- Double-check that the store accepts mobile payments.
- Open your MuchBetter app, go to the "Cards" section to make sure your card is working right
- Contact us at email@example.com if the above doesn't work and you need us to review your card status and transaction attempts