The settings path may vary from phone to phone, but here is an example of where to do this from on most Android devices:
- Open Settings .
- Tap Apps & Notifications Default apps.
- Your Default apps might be under “Advanced.”
- Tap Tap & Pay.
- Set Google Pay as the default app
Some Android devices may require a slightly different troubleshooting.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Connections
- Tap NFC and payment again.
- Turn on the NFC feature on your phone, and then tap Tap and pay.
- Choose Google Pay as your default payment method.
Alternatively, you can go to your mobile device's settings, and use the search field, type "NFC" or "Pay" to find the options to change the settings of your default payment app.
Note: The use of MuchBetter cards and wearables is temporarily out of service. Unfortunately, MuchBetter cards or wearables cannot be activated in the app for now, nor used for purchases or ATMs. However, you can keep it with you safely and we will confirm when you are able to proceed with activation or its use.